Piano Basics 1
This class is for anyone new to piano. We will learn the basics of finding your way around the keyboard and how to read notes and rhythms. If you have always been interested in learning about the piano, this class is a great place to start!
Tuesdays 4:00 PM Sept 13- Nov 29
3 minimum; 8 maximum
8 to adult
The Stiefel has 8 keyboards for students to use in class.
Students in both Basics 1 and 2 will need Bastien Primer Level: Theory, Technic, Piano, and Performance books (available online or at SM Hanson Music).
If you have questions about skill levels or books, please contact the instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proper piano playing techniques such as body position and movement across the keyboard
- How to read notes and note values
- How to play basic rhythms using quarter notes, half notes, dotted half notes, and whole notes
- How to play treble and bass clef notes at the same time
- How to play in basic five-finger hand positions
- How to perform individually and with a group